This documentation includes an enhanced representation of the inline documentation of the latest (3.1) WordPress.org release.
Where possible it also includes the source code of the function.
Other than that it parses the definitions of filters and actions and tags functions accordingly.
The usage is fairly simple. You can either use the input box on the top of this page to lookup WordPress or PHP functions or simply append the function name you’re looking for to the url. For example: http://lookup.hitchhackerguide.com/wp_insert_category.
- Select Books from your toolbar
- Hit the plus-sign at the bottom to add a new book
- Enter a Book Title and optionally “http://hitchhackerguide.com” as Book Address
- Select the PHP Mode you’re using to edit PHP and WordPress files. You might want to check out our WordPress Syntax mode
- Enter the following search url : http://lookup.hitchhackerguide.com/*
- Hit “Add” to create the book
- Once this is done you can lookup WordPress and PHP functions by using CMD+Click on a function name.
I hope you enjoy this service and would be happy if you leave us some feedback on the main site.
We’re always looking for ideas and will be happy to fix any issues you might run into.